Powered Parachute Training
We offer training for those who wish to become Sport Pilots and those that just want to fly an ultralight powered parachute.
- Ultralight Training: This training is geared for those that want to fly and powered parachute that falls under the FAA regulation FAR 103 which stipulates that the aircraft must be less than 254 pounds, has a maximum of gallons of fuel and has only one seat. The training cost for learning to fly a single seat powered parachute under FAR 103 rules is $1000 and it includes:
- 3 days of intensive training
(Aprox 9 Hours)
- 2 Supervised solo flights
- 3 Flights on a dual control PPC
- Ground School
- Study Materials
- Sport Pilot Training: This training is geared for those wanting to fly and single or dual seat powered parachute that is a registered aircraft with N number. These machines usually weight more than 254 pounds with a maximum weight of 1320 pounds, have no limit on fuel quantity and have a maximum of 2 seats (Pilot and Co-Pilot). Our training is well suited for people that have no previous flight experience as well as for those that want to transition from fixed wings private pilot to powered parachutes. The cost for Sport Pilot training is $2850 and it includes: 10 Hours Dual Flight Training, 2 Hours Solo Flight, 5 Hours Ground School, Online Training for the written test, FAA Written Test (One Test), Practical Test with an examiner (One Test).
- Hourly Training: Hourly training is available for those that want to perform some of the training on their own. Our fee for flight training is $100 per hour and it includes the instructor time, aircraft rental and fuel .
- For ground school, the fee is $35 per hour and this includes ground training, written test, online testing and other activities where the use of an aircraft is not necessary.
- Introductory Flight: This flight consists of 15 minutes of flight time and it is designed to expose you to the sport of Powered Parachute. During this flight you will accompany one of our Certified Flight Instructors. The cost for this flight is $30
- Aircraft Purchase: We sometimes offer used aircraft from our club members and we work closely with Six Chuter Inc to provide you with new aircrafts if that is what you are looking for a reasonable price. Our club members receive the best price possible on a new aircraft.